Monday, July 18, 2011

Life... So Far

I know... its been ages.... seriously, didnt have the mood to post anything at all....hehehehe.. but today, out of the blues... i suddenly felt like writing..... so here I am :-)...

Well, life so far hasn't been really bad, was attached to a media company where I worked as an production assistant. I co-ordinated some programs produced by the company for ASTRO. it was quite a challenge really but all was well..... during my stint over there, i managed to befriend with some great people from the media industry and we all clicked quite well, miss those times actually.... anyway, after three months over there, i decided to quit due to some unavoidable circumstances and was jobless for almost 2 months.... but i was lucky as i got an opportunity to try my luck in Radio Televisyen Malaysia. I was called for an interview and a month later, I was accepted.... so now, im back in the working life.... I have joined as a news editor where i write news scripts for english news you see on TV2. Its a good job and Im payed quite well.

Despite this work not being related to my main passion, which is film making, Im happy that I got a break in RTM. because I believe there is always a stepping stone for everything you do, so for me RTM is my stepping stone, maybe not now, but one day I will surely get my chance somehow through this media station. At the moment, Im really putting in effort to learn a lot of things from the News room as it will be an advantage for me. I even met and befriended many prominent people in the media industry like Mr. Pandi Doorai, a famous tamil news reader, and my very own boss, Mr. Harjit Singh Hullon who is a legendary news presenter himself. I really thank God that I have been given a chance to work along side these great people... not only that, I have some really good working colleges who is always there to help me when Im not sure about something.

So far, everything looks promising, as long as I do whatever I need to do well, Im safe.. but the one thing that I am a bit upset is that.... when we gain something, we tend to lose something in return... nature of life... what to do... things that is meant to happen will happen.. we just cant prevent it no matter what we do.... Another thing I realized these past few months is that, at times, people only talk cock!!!! seriously, they will tell us so many things about themselves, who they know, what they can do etc etc.. they will even assure us that they will help us when we are in need and all, but when we really go and stand in front of them seeking help... you will hear another hundred reasons why they are not in a situation to help out at the moment!!! Just like the saying.. EMPTY VESSEL MAKES THE MOST NOISE!!!! hehehehe

Anyway, I guess I am quite settled down for now with these wonderful job... just making use of my working time learning things... and I have to say, Im really proud to be an RTM staff.... My perception of these media station totally changed when I entered.. there is just so many cool things you can see and learn in RTM.. Thank GOd for that... so thats all folks..take care and hope to write soon and not twenty years later :-P..hehehehehe

2 comments:

  1. WAHH...so optimistic! Chaiyokkk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope I am not one of them empty vessels - if I am, KRING KRING KRING the empty vessel has spoken hahahah

    ReplyDelete