Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Experience & The need to Believe

Yes, it has been a long time since I wrote... honestly, i was just so amused by other things whenever I come online that I tend to procrastinate writing my something on my blog. Like I said, for me, this blog is meant to let out my emotions... nothing else.. so whenever I feel like doing it, I will write... Anyway, well I told you guys in my earlier post that Im going to India and work in the industry there, guess what, I did and it was awesome.


When I Left Malaysia on the 1st October at 8.30 am, my heart was filled with excitement, the thought that Im working in a Indian English Bollywood project was thrilling. When I reached Goa and meet the entire crew of the film, I was so happy and was looking forward for the shoot. We started shooting on the 3rd of October, and that was the same day when reality checked in. Shooting a film is so not easy man, It was really though, especially the camera and lighting department . Well actually it was a lot of work for every department in a film production but I felt that the Camera department had a lot of work to do, setting up the light, getting the right lighting, etc etc. I was running like a mad dog here and there helping out my cousin brother who was the cameraman of this film.. when I think of all those times, I just cant believe that I managed to pull through man..hehe... but in the end, it was a magnificent experience and I dont at all regret my decision coming to India and joining this production. Oh yeah, I was also in charge to shoot the making of this film I hope I did a good job.



Now to talk about the film, this film is titled 'Love Wrinkle Free' and it stars Ash Chandler and Shernaz Patel( she played Rani Mukherjee's mother in BLACK) in important roles. The story is a simple story which of course I cant reveal but its a light hearted story which I belive everyone will enjoy. This movie is directed by a debutant named Sandeep Mohan who assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali in Hum DIl DE Chuke Sanam , produced by Giju John of Tiranga Productions and cinematographed by Binendra Menon, trust me, in a few years time Binendra chetha is going to go big cause he is that good in his cinematography!!! Since its a small budget film, Im not sure if will there be any distributors who will distribute the film in Malaysia but Im praying that this movie will be released here. We shot the film for a month in Goa and in Mumbai but I didnt join them in Mumbai as I left to Kerala by then.



Now after completing this shoot, I went to Bangalore to stay with my aunt for a few days and then a relation of mine sent me to Kerala by bus. I can still remember thinking in the bus, when I reach Kerala, I may have the chance to join another big name director and hence start off my career in India. Was really excited.... When I reached there...... I dont want to eloberate more.. lets just say that I just dreamed too much I guess...... But besides that, I managed to meet all my relations and in no time, I became so close to them. I never meet them in my life but they all were treating me with so much of love... something I have not experienced here for a long time... Didn't realize how much I missed it and how nice it is to be surrounded by family members.....


I now back in Malaysia........ there is one part of me feels that my dream has been destroyed and Im never going to achive my dream anymore, the other part tells me that there is still hope and dont give up.... but then again, I realised that back there in India, none of the filmmakers has the desire to leave their country and try their luck in Hollywood but they always say that they want to be part of the revolution of Indian Cinema. Which indirectly shows that they love their country and the Indian cinema industry that they just dont want to leave it. Its not because they are not as talented as other International Film makers, trust me, they are equally good as them if they are given the freedom and opportunity. Here, I so want to leave my country and try my luck in another country.... I know its not wrong because I can go learn things there and come back and do something here..but I dont know...

I still have the feeling like here in Malaysia, the hope for our films to achived International recognition has been buried together with P.Ramlee and Yasmin Ahmad.. I feel so low when people over there in India asks me whether does Malaysia make films etc!!! I just feel like making a Malaysian film which has all the ingredients to go International!!! It is not possible but... I dont know where to start.. Believe me guys, we have all the facilities to make and produce good Intenational standard films.. do you know that Yasmin Ahmad's Petronas Ad's are hugely loved in India!!! When I speak of the ad, lots of people will just be praising those ads like nobodies business!!! So proud when they say good things about our country's ads etc...... Now......



Can anyone achieve what Yasmin Ahmad could at the International level? Can we see a revolution in Malaysian Cinema soon? Can we make our own version of the Lord of The Rings trilogy with realistic looking CGI's and Animation and an original script? Will one of our Local films win The Best Foreign Film category at the Oscars? The answer to all this questions is... YESS!!!!! But it takes not one, but the entire people in the industry to be different.. Thats the keyword, DIFFERENT!!

We got to start thinking big guys!! It is possible!!! Nothing is impossible in this world!!! Do you know that we Malaysians are far more expose in so many current things that is happening in the world compared to India!!!! But look where they are and where we are in terms of Filmmaking!!! Im really going nuts here.... I want to take the challenge and revive what the late Yasmin Ahmad and the Legendary P.Ramlee wanted to do, to bring Malaysian movies to the next Level!!! But I cant to this alone.. I need support, come on guys, there is still hope.... instead of pointing fingers and blaming lots of things, lets just take the first step and prove to the other Malaysians that Change is possible and we can reach where Hollywood has!!! Im not exaggerating, I know it is possible!!! But I need your help, your Believe...


Will there be somebody out there who is willing to be with me to change and revolutionize Malaysian Film Industry?

No comments:

Post a Comment